Our favorite Lumia 1020 photos

Comments

• I've been meaning to ask for a while now, but:
    Are the "raw" images that the 1020 outputs at 34/38MP actually RAW files, or are they still jpeg?

Also @Mr_Plastik Those are some beautiful photos you've taken. 
  • edited August 2013
    @KRazpopov  Thanks! As for the the high-res shots being RAW format, they are actually still jpeg. Having said that, lets see what the developers do with Nokia's imaging SDK. Perhaps there will be RAW in the near future :-)

Mr P
  • I have some macro shots I thought I'd share. The first pic is a close-up of the what you will see in the second and third pics (the macro shots).

Normal

Macro

Bonus shot. I like the "alien" eyes :-)

Mr P
  • Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago http://t.co/KHXGKZmOGh
  • Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago 
  • I love this thread :)
  • edited August 2013
    Hindu Temple of Greater Chicago photo shot with Nokia Lumia 1020's built-in 41MP camera with 1x zoom. Now after the photo is taken you can zoom in to specific subject or object of interest in the same picture. What your eyes cannot see, Lumia 1020 can capture all from the same photo with complete lossless zoom.
    For example what do you see on top of Gopuram (monumental tower) in this photo
  • edited August 2013
    Do you see Shanka (Conch), Nama (Vishnu name) and Chakra (Wheel or disc) on one end
  • edited August 2013

Do you also see Sita (Rama's wife), Rama (Avatar of Vishnu) and Lakshmana (Rama's brother) on the other end

• @Mr_Plastik @KRazpopov Yeah, no true RAW yet, but it'd be great to even get lossless JPG. RAW would be spectacular.
  • And since I was told my last two were broken (though they both appear for me), I'll repost and add a few.

• Can someone post some full 41/34MP shots here?
  • @pvpalacharla Those are some beautiful pictures with stunning detail. I like the ratio of how you cropped the zoomed in pics.

@caspertek I can see!!!!  Very nice pics. I like the rusted engine block (I think that is what that was) and the apartment complex pic.  The last picture looks like it could serve as a nice background/wallpaper for my phone(s).
  • @Brandon Miniman I posted these already but here they are, in all their high-res glory: 

Mr P
  • too... much ... information in all the comments! my computer gets slow :/
  • woow. Thanks Mr. P
  • edited August 2013
    To everyone who has posted their photos so far, I AM MEGA IMPRESSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, the wait for it to be released in the UK seems like forever. So got a Lumia 925 in the meantime, to familiarise myself with Windows Phone 8. It's rather good TBH.
  • I'm jealous of you guys, you have such an awesome camera .
  • edited August 2013
    @cholepeto I think the high-res pics killed it :-P

@Brandon Miniman No problem!

@gavinfabiani Windows Phone isn't too bad :-) I've had 4 other WP devices and then went back Android for a bit. Now that 1020 is here, I'm back baby!!!!

I hope you won't have to wait too long until it is available for the UK. 

Mr P
  • We really need this discussion to get to page 3 because, man, my computer is not happy at all when loading page 2.

Anyway, here are some pics I took experimenting with slower shutter speed yet again:

These aren't mind-blowing by any means but I thought you might like to see what I've captured. Thanks for looking :-)

Mr P
  • The first picture is my favorite, the streaks from the light are not as overexposed as the second picture so they're easier to see! The fireworks (?) also look really nice.
  • @MDak Thanks!! I agree, the first is the best. 

Here are a couple more low-light pics I meant to include:

Mr P
  • Here's another post to get us closer to 3. 2 is killing my computer, as well - but oh, what a death. Seriously amazing pics here.

Going to be taking another glut of 1020 photos tomorrow- alongside some 808 shots.
  • edited August 2013

I can't share Skydrive URLs here huh?  Oh well, you live and learn.........
  • More great shots
  • edited August 2013
    Nevermind....no ability to share Skydrive. Given this is a forum about the Lumia 1020 one would think we could.
    imageimage
  • edited August 2013
    @Captain2Phones Awesome job on the comparison video (as always)!  I will be posting my own to my YouTube account as well.

I have another picture to get us to page 3. I used the Nokia Creative Suite so that I could add a filter and a tilt-focus effect as well.

Mr P
  • This is a little bit of a side note, everyone saying that all of these pics are choking their laptops, im reading this page on the £229 ARM chromebook, not a single issue, and  smoother than my 6-Core  desktop, damn.

Also, phenomenal photos
  • No problem here with the Chrome browser either.